Soundcards detected but no sound in apps (Solaris 10)

OSS specific Solaris discussion (x86/SPARC)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium

donmozza

Soundcards detected but no sound in apps (Solaris 10)

Postby donmozza » Wed May 03, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi,

I might have missed something, but I installed OSS for Solaris x86 on my home S10 box and my notebook and everything seems fine, but there is no audio.

My notebook has a Azalia Intel HD Soundcard in it and the Compaq iPAQ Desktop has a ADI Soundmax Card in it.

They seem to be detected no problems and when the systems startup I get no errors anywhere, but I have the issue that when I use apps like mplayer, xmms, xine, realplayer I get no sound.

Is the gnome audio mixer supposed to work, and the gnome-audio taskbar applet also supposed to work with the oss drivers?

Is there something I have missed???

In case you need to know I am running Solaris 10 x86 01/06 release with latest kernel patch 118855-02.

Thanks,
Maurice

dev
Developer

Re: Soundcards detected but no sound in apps (Solaris 10)

Postby dev » Wed May 03, 2006 4:40 pm

donmozza wrote:Hi,

I might have missed something, but I installed OSS for Solaris x86 on my home S10 box and my notebook and everything seems fine, but there is no audio.

My notebook has a Azalia Intel HD Soundcard in it and the Compaq iPAQ Desktop has a ADI Soundmax Card in it.

They seem to be detected no problems and when the systems startup I get no errors anywhere, but I have the issue that when I use apps like mplayer, xmms, xine, realplayer I get no sound.

Is the gnome audio mixer supposed to work, and the gnome-audio taskbar applet also supposed to work with the oss drivers?

Is there something I have missed???

In case you need to know I am running Solaris 10 x86 01/06 release with latest kernel patch 118855-02.

Thanks,
Maurice

Yes this is a known problem with the ADI HDaudio codecs. We're working on the problems. HDAudio works quite nicely with Intel915 and Nvidia Nforce4 chipsets

regards
Dev

Return to “Solaris”